usweekly.com – Sequined sensation!
Rebel Wilson twinkled on the red carpet, and the glitzy frock in question barely put a dent in her wallet. The actress and savvy shopper, 28, attended the Night at The Museum: Secret of The Tomb premiere on Monday, Dec. 15, in an ASOS Curve Collection dress that cost less than $100. The flattering find featured a black draped top with a bold sequined skirt and cost just $66 at ASOS.com
The Aussie actress recently stirred rumors that she could be taking over for Ben Stiller if there were to be any other sequels. “If I see the money truck, then I might agree to [make a fourth movie], she told Today show’s Matt Lauer on Dec. 10. “I’m in it for the art and the awards… and art..”
Wilson has always embraced her figure and encourages fans to do the same — regardless of size. “I don’t really care what I look like that much, and I think women out there should just be happy with the way they look,” she told Extra TV in 2013.
“They shouldn’t really try to conform to any kind of stereotype. Just be happy and hopefully healthy.”
Rebel Wilson attends the UK Premiere of ‘Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb’ at Empire Leicester Square in London, England.
VIEW: Public Appearances > 2014 > December 15: “Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb” – UK Premiere
VIEW: Public Appearances > 2014 > December 15: “Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb” – UK Premiere – Photocall
movieweb.com – With the buzz swirling around Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens, following the first trailer that debuted just two weeks ago, DreamWorks Animation has decided to push Kung Fu Panda 3 from December 23, 2015 to March 18, 2016. The animated sequel was originally slated to open just five days after Star Wars: The Force Awakens’s December 18, 2015 debut. Kung Fu Panda 3 would have also debuted just two days before a quartet of Christmas Day 2015 releases including Lionsgate’s Dirty Grandpa, 20th Century Fox’s Joy, Paramount’s Mission: Impossible 5 and New Regency’s The Revenant.
Kung Fu Panda 3 will now square off against Lionsgate’s The Divergent Series: Allegiant: Part 1. DreamWorks Animation’s Boss Baby is already scheduled for release on March 18, 2016, which means this project will have to find a new release date in the near future. DreamWorks Animation also has Home (March 27, 2015) arriving next year, with another project, B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations, currently seeking a new release date, after DWA yanked the comedy from its June 5, 2015 slot last month.
No plot details have been released for Kung Fu Panda 3, but it will bring back franchise stars Jack Black (Po), Dustin Hoffman (Shifu), Angelina Jolie (Tigress), Seth Rogen (Mantis), Lucy Liu (Viper), David Cross (Crane) and James Hong (Mr. Ping). New casting additions include Bryan Cranston, Rebel Wilson and Mads Mikkelsen, although nothing is known about their characters.
In related release date news, Warner Bros. has moved director Andy Serkis’ The Jungle Book: Origins back almost a full year, from October 21, 2016 to October 6, 2017, where it currently has the date all to itself. The move means that this will open almost exactly two years after Disney’s The Jungle Book, which Jon Favreau is directing. To fill in for The Jungle Book: Origins, Warner Bros. has moved Geostorm from March 25, 2016 to October 21, 2016, which only has an untitled Blumhouse horror film slated for release.
Kung Fu Panda 3 comes to theaters March 18th, 2016 and stars Bryan Cranston, Angelina Jolie, Seth Rogen, Rebel Wilson, Lucy Liu, Mads Mikkelsen, Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman. The film is directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson.
Fanbolt.com – Rebel Wilson has director Shawn Levy’s daughters to thank for helping her land a role in the third installment of the Night at the Museum franchise.
The Pitch Perfect star reveals Levy’s daughters begged their dad to cast her in the film after becoming huge fans of her movie work.
She says, “I think Shawn Levy, who directed the whole trilogy, he has quite a few teenage daughters, who had seen me in Pitch Perfect and Bridesmaids and so they did say they wanted me in the movie, so I thank them a lot.”
After landing the role of a British Museum guard, Wilson felt she had another reason to celebrate – the cast.
She says, “It’s an amazing ensemble cast in the Night at the Museum movies. You got Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais and of course, the late and very great Robin Williams, so just to join that ensemble is so much fun.”
She later adds, “I just love being in this because where else can you be so funny and have so much action and great special effects.”
Rebel Wilson attends the Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb’ New York premiere at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York City.
The Australian actress talks to TODAY’s Matt Lauer about starring in “Night at the Museum 3” alongside Ben Stiller. She also reveals that she has had a meeting about a proposed all-female remake of “Ghostbusters.”
Usmagazine.com – Is she ready to save the world? In a word: Yes! Rebel Wilson revealed during an interview with the Today show that she’d totally join the upcoming Ghostbusters all-female cast reboot. Her former Bridesmaids director Paul Feig, after all, is heading up the new project.
“I have had a meeting,” the Australian actress, 28, told Today’s Matt Lauer on Wednesday, Dec. 10. “We may have to look at the script when it’s finished.”
The Pitch Perfect 2 star is such a fan of the comedy that she’d even do it for free. “I would do that without the money truck,” she joked. “I probably shouldn’t say that on live TV!”
The franchise’s original star Bill Murray is also excited about the new film. Back in September, he revealed which actresses are on his casting wish list.
“Melissa [McCarthy] would be a spectacular Ghostbuster. And Kristen Wiig is so funny — God, she’s funny!” Murray, 63, told the Toronto Sun. “I like this girl Linda Cardellini a lot. And Emma Stone is funny. There are some funny girls out there.”
news.com.au – THE Sony hacking scandal just got bigger, with more than 47,000 workers’ private information leaked including celebrity salaries and their home addresses.
Files from current and former workers include celebrities such as Australian actor Rebel Wilson, US star Sylvester Stallone and director Judd Apatow, The Wall Street Journal reports.
It is understood that the leaked files contained Sony workers’ Social Security numbers, salaries and home addresses for those who worked at Sony Pictures from as far back as 2000.
The Wall Street Journal said that the data-security firm Identity Finder LLC analysed 33,000 of the SPE documents and found such personal information within it.
It was reportedly stored in Microsoft Excel files without any password protection.
The latest twist in the hacking scandal comes after it was revealed how much Seth Rogen and James Franco made from starring in their film, The Interview.
In the film, Rogen and Franco play characters who attempt to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
The nature of the film sparked initial reports that North Korea was behind the Sony hacking scandal.
Rogen, 32, who also served as co-director and one of the writers and producers of the comedy, earned $8.4 million ($10 million AUD).
His co-star Franco, 36, earned $6.5 million ($7.7 million AUD).
A group called the Guardians of Peace claims they are responsible for the cyberattack, which hit Sony last month.
Sony has not commented on The Wall Street Journal’s latest report, but its legal team is trying to force websites to remove the data from the internet.
The report comes after Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton and co-chairman Amy Pascal called the hack “a brazen attack on our company, our employees and our business partners”.